Sunday, April 15, 2007

In the crowd


Ok, here is the thing; yesterday was Min’s Farewell party. She called me quite a few times to confirm whether I would come, Of course I would, first of all, she is a great gal and one of my best friends; second, this girl has been working unbelievable hard to pursue she dreams. And now she got accepted for PhD program from Stanford, I could not be happier for her. It is definitely the time to celebrate her success and say good bye to the city she stayed over 5 years.

(left: C and I we have to have such funny roommate pic every time.)

(right: Min and I, the new Stanford PhD is somewhat wasted now.)

Over the phone I was asking what is party going to look like. She said that just friends hanging out, drinking, eating and chatting. Ok, I thought, I can do that.

C went with me, coz we both love Min. The party was not start until 10pm, apparent this girl invited the whole school. But that was fun, seeing some long-time-no-see acquaintances, meeting some new people, finding out how she and he and we are all connected through each other. The party would be a normal quiet one if Nicole did not put that CD in.

The loud music trigged chaos, people started switching orange juice to vodka, the lights were not bright, dance started immediately. More and more empty vodka bottles on the floor, the crowd went wilder and wilder. I figured that the only way to enjoy a party is to become a part of it. Sure, I never a big fun with parting, clubbing and drunk dancing, but hey, if everybody else can enjoy it this way, why should not I?

So .. yeah.. here I was, holding a cup of …could not recall the name of that drink, and dance with bunch drunker.

(left, me dancing with C; Right, me dancing with Sarah)

It was great, actually. Nothing bad happened. Min is a light drinker and got drunk pretty quickly, when the party towards to the end, she started hugging everyone and saying good bye and how much she gonna miss us. Min sounded like crying but I could not see her face.

C and I left at 2 am. When we stepped out the building, leaving the music behind us, I thought good luck Min, you always the best!

No comments: