Thursday, November 8, 2007

Winning Story of Nov 8th 2007

The girl and her apple tree
---By Ding 2

I am an apple tree, standing proud in front the lawn of the farm house where the girl that care for me lives. My story is about love, love that is unfathomable, love that is not easy to understand, love that is fragile, and love that is not eternal. The story happen during the time when the girl care for me deeply, passionately and unselfishly. The girl fertilize me, cut my narrow branches, clean up the soil around me, and watch me all the time. I am a bad apple tree, no matter how hard she care for me, I rarely give her any fruits, I grow my fruits slowly and randomly, troubling the girl that care for me so much. The girl stands strong, no matter how bad I treat her, she will always back and care for me. My appreciation starts to grow too, I started to give her more fruits and she's happy ... or I thought she was. It was near the season where I will grow a lot of fruits ... I was planning to do my best and give her all I can give. All goes well ... until that one day ... the day that change my life forever, the day that makes everything around me so gloomy, makes my soil tasteless, my roots shivers up. That day that I found out that she was eating orange! Imagine the shock that comes into my branches, she's enjoying the oranges so passionately, so delicately, and looks so happy. To that I can't blame her, I've been the one that failed to produce, failed so bad, that she has to leave me. But she didn't, she still care for me, but she didn't bother to pick my fruits anymore. I asked to her one day, "Why wouldn't you pick my apple anymore?" She replied in her very tender voice,"I tasted orange, its a different kind of fruit, not comparable, but I can't bring myself back to apple, I already changed my mind, I will keep you here, for now until you no longer produce any fruits, then I will cut you down and bury your roots on the best spot on my lawn, but I will not try to care for you or pick for your fruits anymore"

That day, I dawn myself with regret, sadness, and a burden that my heart can't take, that I cried and cried and cried until no more tears can be shed. There am I, standing tall in the lawn, watching my caretaker eating orange while deep inside I am rotting away and wishfully hope for a better life after I reborn again ... now I will just wither in the winter and leave this cold world ... for a while ... till I come back ... as the pure seed I was, with the knowledge of the wiser ... farewell oh my sweet loving caretaker ...

No comments: