Monday, February 4, 2008

神奇的小王(12)

Subtitle: Congee
Another super super easy dish you can make for yourself. And that is ok if you do not have a slow cooker. You can just use your rice cook as long as you put enough extra water, and pay a little bit more attention on timing, coz otherwise you just make rice in the end. ^_^


from top, clockwise they are black rice, red beans, sticky rice, peanuts and lotus seeds.
But really you do not have to follow exactly what I have here, anything you can find will be ok, I guess. even you only rice, or green beans. I put whole a lot because I just read an article baout red colored food suppose be very good for your blood vessels and something something good with your blood. But I do suggest you to get some lotus seeds, they are not only healthy but also yummy.



dump everything in a slow cooker, (in your case, for now, rice cooker. )
3 or 4 cups of water, depends on how many stuff you have, I love to put more than enough water to make it watery.
Put slow cooker on 'Low', (in your case, 'on'.)
And then go to sleep. (in you case, I do not know if you can do this, you may need to watch out, or maybe you can, just try out. )


Wake up next morning, meaning, after 8 hours, this is how it looks like.


Add honey, if you like milky taste, add milk.
My experience: milk is always good.

Tips: I heard slow cooker is very engery consuming, I use it often becaues...you know... I do not pay for electricity in my apt. But I have no idea how much electicity it would consume overnight. Now give it a second thought, stove and big pot will do the same work if you attempt extra care.
Let me know how do you like it?

No comments: