Monday, February 18, 2008

神奇的小王 (15)

Subtitle: Cauliflower

Since it would be another big snow very soon, I figured that it might be a better idea to stock my refrigerator now and no going gorcery for a week or two to avoid driving on the snow. Then again, I hate to leave food in teh refrige forever. So once I have something, I cook it right a way. So here we go.
Step 1
Wash cauliflower, cut or break it into pieces. It won't matter much if it is little bit bigger or smaller. In my theory, they all look the same in your stomach.


Step 2
spread vegi oil, I also cut half inch butter and put in with oil. It just for a richer flavor (Optional, but recommended)
chopped onion, stir for ...like 15 sec and put cauliflowers in


Step 3
dump cauliflowers, add 1/2 cup of chick broth, if you do not have chick broth just add water. (actually, authentic chick broth is quick easy to make, I will put the process on once I do my grocery again.)
leave it simmering for a few min (if you want your cauliflower softer then leave it longer, otherwise shorter. Chef makes the decision.)

Step 4
When it is almost done, add salt.
Just for the fun of it add whatever you would like to, I spread several salted peanuts and cooked shrimp.
Simmering for another one min.

Step 5
All ready.
I always to dash some black sesame just for the look. Ok I know just said, they all look the same once they get to your stomach, but sesame is good for you anyways. And put som cilantro is always my add-some-color trick.
Attention: DO NOT forget to drop some sesame oil before eat it. It just taste soooo much better with sesame oil


Note: I just learned that cauliflower is actually has very high nutirional density. It is low in fat, high in dietary fiber folate and vitamin C. It becomes my sencond favorate vegetable next to spinach.

2 comments:

Janet said...

did you mean spinach?

Me said...

thanks dear, i never read after i wrote